WHOLE ROLLED OATS are naturally gluten-free, but most are processed in facilities containing wheat – making cross contamination possible. If gluten is an issue for you, look for organic oats labeled Gluten-Free.
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup turbinado or light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F.
2. LINE a 9×13 inch rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. MIX the oatmeal, walnuts, and coconut in large bowl. Spread mixture onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
4. LIFT mixture from pan using ends of parchment; transfer it to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with flour. Add cranberries. Set parchment lined baking sheet aside.
6. PLACE the butter, honey, syrup, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for one minute, then pour over oatmeal mixture.
7. POUR the mixture into the parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly press the mixture with a spatula to even it out.
8. BAKE for 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Let cool to room temperature on cooling rack. Slide mixture from pan, using ends of parchment, onto cutting board. Cut into bars. Serve at room temperature.