2 1/4 cups of gluten free graham crumbs
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons ground ginger
9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
12 ounces pumpkin puree (about 1.5 cups of homemade or about 1 can store bought)
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
1 tsp pumpkin pie spices (to taste) or 1 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle each of nutmeg and cloves
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 cup honey, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, ginger, and butter until well mixed.
3. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, working the crumbs over the bottom and then up the sides.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. In the meantime, mix the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, spices, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and sweetener (if using) with a mixer or immersion blender (or just throw in a blender).
6. After crust has baked, remove from oven and pour filling into pan.
7. Return to oven and cook for 35-45 minutes or until top doesn’t wiggle in center and starts to slightly crack on sides.
8. Remove and let cool.
9. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.